Article – Law Technology News Goin’ Mobile With ALM
Sean Doherty over at Law Technology News recently published an interesting piece about the amount of mobile traffic hitting American Lawyer Media (ALM) websites. Some of the statistics he shares includes:
- In the last year, traffic from mobile devices increased almost 60%.
- Within two years, traffic from tablet owners has grown from less than 1% to 5%.
- 80% of ALM visitors use a product manufactured by Apple Inc.
- 55% of mobile traffic is from small law firms (under 50 employees) and 33% from large law firms.
- Litigators make up 45% of visitors, the largest segment of mobile readers on ALM’s websites.
In response to the strong growth of mobile visitors, ALM is making mobile accessibility a priority, creating mobile and tablet optimized versions of all of the company’s websites. The sites have been optimized for tablets and smartphones. The company has also “integrated social media throughout the optimized site, giving readers the ability to share their articles via Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus or email right from their mobile device.”
Links to each of the ALM mobile websites can be found below:
- The American Lawyer
- The Connecticut Law & Tribune
- Corporate Counsel
- The Daily Report Online
- Daily Business Review
- Delaware Business Court Insider
- The Delaware Law Weekly
- Law Technology News
- The Legal Intelligencer
- The National Law Journal
- The New Jersey Law Journal
- The New York Law Journal
- The Recorder
- The Texas Lawyer
Many law firms still have not produced mobile optimized versions of their main websites. Now is clearly the time to dedicate resources to the task.