Allen & Overy Doubles Down with its Little Red App
Law Firm: Allen & Overy (UK)
Firm Size: Large
Released: June 13, 2011
Platform: iPhone (iTunes)
We previously reported on Allen & Overy‘s iphone App here, as an example of a law firm providing mobile access to the information on its website. The firm’s employment practice has created its second App, called “The Little Red App”.
The App provides a substantive resource for HR professionals on a range of employment law issues, from discrimination to redundancy and sick pay.
Key elements of the Little Red App include:
- Facts on discrimination, dismissal, equal pay, flexible working and whistleblowing claims
- Tribunal procedure flowchart (along with a checklist for tribunal witnesses)
- Redundancy calculator
- Information on statutory payments (including maternity and adoption pay, parental leave and sick pay)
Another feature of the app is user checklists for topics, such as:
- How to avoid discrimination and unfair dismissal claims
- Dealing with poor performance and ensuring a fair dismissal process
- Disclosure obligations
- Reminders on the application of privilege
- Advice for witnesses
In a press release, Senior Partner Sheila Fahy commented:
Being able to access critical information quickly is crucial for our clients. The Little Red App allows them to access anything from tribunal procedures to sick pay at the swish of a finger! The legal sector, like any other business needs to find new ways of keeping clients informed, piles of paper are no longer enough and Allen & Overy continues to provide just what is needed.
– Law App Guy